Friday, February 22, 2013

California - Day One

I flew into LAX last night at about 8 p.m.

The shuttle service I used to get to my sister's place in Buena Park was HORRIBLE!!  the driver did 3 laps around the airport looking for more fares, and then stopped for 10 minutes to enter all SEVEN rider's addresses in the GPS. But it was really for nothing! He couldn't figure out when the GPS was saying OR he didn't really care.

Finally after an hour and a half of getting on the shuttle, we left the airport.  So he's driving us around, nearly hitting two cars getting onto the freeway, scaring all of us that were in the very back of the van. After driving on the freeway for nearly 1/2 hour, he gets off the freeway, turns right, and decides, oh! I need to make a u-turn. He gets right back on the freeway we were on in the same direction! After doing this 3 or 4 times, the driver decides to take the scenic route, going through residential areas. After asking someone, is this your area, they said no, so he finally decides to follow the GPS, which we can all hear clearly telling him which way to go, he gets back onto the main street and heads down about a mile or two and finally drops off the first passenger.

Heading back to the freeway, he swerves nearly hitting another car, since the driver is half into their lane. Everyone in the van is complaining under their breath and when someone asks what the hell is going on, the driver starts very sternly telling us it's not his fault, he doesn't know the city, etc etc etc.

Finally, after boarding at 8:00 pm, I arrived in Buena Park at about 11:00 p.m.


I'm going to forget this horrible start to my month long vacay, after I write an email describing the horrible service we received, and demand my money back!

My first day in Cali was AWESOME!!! Woke up at my sister's place and had coffee / crystal lite, until she had to leave for work. My godmother picked me up and I spent the day with her, my uncle and my nephew! awesome awesome first day to my vacation!



I'm home! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment