Sunday, December 2, 2018

Breathe Easy & Rest in Peace Sally Maddox


Now that i have had some time to process this  HUGE loss our small community has suffered today , I want to say something, that won't come close to do Sally Kinney Maddox justice.
Sally did so much for us, her PHriends and PHamily.
Serving many times and many years on the PHA board, she PHought tirelessly for us. She spoke at many events around the country to bring awareness to our fight. She advocated for us even when we didn't know we needed it. She lead support groups , got her, i believe, masters degree, and so much more, all while silently suffering with this fucking disease that PH is.
Pulmonary Hypertension is progressive. There is nothing that can change that right now.
I know that PH will probably eventually take me too.  As well as I am doing now, as well as I thought Sally was doing. She suffered silently and I believe didn't let anyone know but those  closest to her. But every time I spoke to her, saw her posts, saw her at conference, a board meeting that I was invited to, or at the PHA offices, she was so full of life and love and a smile for each and every person she came into contact.
Honestly I still cannot believe she is gone.
Although I didn't talk to her much or see her at all in many years, I always have had a huge admiration for Sally. Admiration, respect, aww.and of course I loved her too. This is a.huge loss to the community.
Rest in peace Sally! Breathe Easy!
We need the fucking cure already.

No comments:

Post a Comment