Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Change of plans

There has been a change of plans for the holidays. :( 

Carly and Andrew won't be able to make it for Christmas, some prior commitments were made. But, they will be coming out for the Cherry Blossoms in April, God willing!!! It's my favorite time of year in the district :-)

The weather is always gorgeous! Of course the Cherry Blossoms are out, lining the streets of D.C. and the out banks of the Potomac. And then to see the monuments with the beautiful pink petals everywhere, amazing! 

There's so much we can do while they are here. Of course the monuments and museums are the biggest draw. Not knowing Andrew well enough, I'm not sure exactly what he will want to do, but I'm sure some night time dancing will be in order for them. :-) 

Maybe they would want to go to an amusement park, there's one that by public transportation, is only 2 hours away, which really isn't that bad. I think it's a 6 Flags, but I'm not sure. 

But best of all, I have written to my congress person requesting tickets to go to the White House! I tried to get tickets for Luzy but there wasn't enough time. You need to do it months ahead of time, and I wasn't even certain she would be able to come.

So, it will be Luzy, Drea, Ellie and hopefully Jorge too. I will totally miss Carly and Andrew but, it is what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment