Sunday, January 20, 2013



i hate Sundays on Facebook. every other image is a Biblical quote, every other image is of Jesus with a football player, a young mother, a sick child. Seriously, if I wanted to read Biblical quotes, i'd open my Bible. If I wanted to see images of Christ, I'd go to a museum to see sacred art. 
Don't get me wrong. I love GOD! I love the Bible! I love Christ. I love sacred art! But it almost feels like people are trying to convert me, OR they are shoving their faith, their beliefs, down my throat. I'm sorry if this offends you. I didn't mean for it to. Just stating my feelings on the matter.Perhaps the reason why I feel this way is because my faith is so shaken. I still believe in God, in Jesus Christ, His only son, who sits at the right hand of God judging the living and the dead. I still believe in his virgin mother Mary, in all the angels and saints, and of course the Holy Spirit. The beautiful Trinity that watches over us, guides us to make the right choices. I know I have a Heavenly Father. 

I have always taken the Bible literally. Believed that the world was created and not some sort of "Big Bang". However, in that respect, I think that if God wanted the world to be made in such a way, of course it would have been so.  But now I wonder if we are supposed to take the Bible so literally, when even Christ spoke in parables  and stories to teach His disciples. I am pro life.  I am pro birth control, there's no way I would have chosen for my child to have a child at her young age, however, I couldn't see our lives without this precious baby!!! I am strongly for equality for all, for the LGBTQ community, for women all over the world, for every living creature!  

No comments:

Post a Comment