Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sick and Tired



No really! I have been sick and tired. Not just literally sick & tired, but sick and tired of the depression. I'm trying to get myself better though.

For example:

A friend called me up and asked to hang out with her at a museum. I was very excited to go but when the day came, I really really didn't want to. I knew though that if I didn't, I'd regret it. I went and had a great time!!

Another friend's family was having a Kings Cake to celebrate 3 Kings Day. We were invited. I wasn't up to going. hadn't left the apartment in nearly a week, except to take out trash. Got up, showered and dressed, even put on jewelry AND makeup. actually had a great time!

Yesterday, my daughter called to see if I wanted to join her  and my grand daughter in a shopping trip. 30 minutes by bus each way.  I said was, I'm still sick, another time. and hung up. A few minutes later, I realized I could go and really enjoy her and my grand daughter's company. I called and asked when she was leaving, decided to nap before hand and woke up refreshed.

And now, this Saturday, I've been invited to go roaming around the National Harbor and then dinner with friends. I'm going to do all I can to go and have a good time.


As for sick, I woke up a few days ago with a scratchy throat and sniffles. It's turned into a dry cough which scratches my throat even more... Hopefully it won't turn into anything worse and it won't stick around very long.

Stay well!

No comments:

Post a Comment